What is a Downtown Plan?
The Mount Vernon Downtown Plan will identify a 10 to 20 year vision for the future of Downtown, and outline a strategy to achieve that vision. Comprehensive in its approach, the planning process will incorporate public input, existing conditions analysis, local expertise from a project steering committee and knowledge of best practices to help the City of Mount Vernon move Downtown forward.
What is the Plan Approach?
- Review existing conditions
- Review existing plans
- Evaluate transportation systems (coordinate with ongoing study)
- Conduct market evaluation
Conceptual Site Alternatives
- Analyze site and area development potential
- Develop future land use scenarios
- Create site specific development concepts
- Refine draft plan into a final report based on public input
- Ensure plan has clear graphics and communicates the potential of Downtown Mount Vernon to targeted audience
- Assist as necessary with the formal adoption process
- Develop a strategy to ensure Mount Vernon can implement the Plan